Re: [gdome]LGPL?

On 12 Jun 2001 20:52:56 +0200, Paolo Casarini wrote:

> On 12 Jun 2001, Murray Cumming wrote:
>
> > GDome seems to be licensed under the GPL. Why not license it under the LGPL,
> > which is used by the rest of the GNOME libraries. Surely, a GPL library can
> > not be used by a LGPL library, such as those GNOME libraries.
> When I start working on Gdome2 it was under GPL and it is still under
> it. I want that Gdome2 is a LGPL library but I think I can't modify
> the today situation without the consent of all previously authors of this
> library.
>
> To Raph, Daniel, Mathieu, Anders: Are you agree to change the license of
> Gdome2 from GPL to LGPL?

I don't mind . That is fine with me. However:
- I don't think raph will answer at all just because he has not been
active on Gnome stuff recently. I guess it would be best to call him to
get him to answer this question. (If he has not answered, I'll call him
this WE to get an answer. That will be a good chance to chat with him :)
- I am trying to remmeber why it is GPL. Anders, are you not the one who
added these GPL headers ? I am really curious.

Mathieu