Re: [gdm-list] gdm3 + LDAP does not work

Dear Gordon,

 thank you for your advice - I installed recent Fedora core in the VirtualBox, it was nice that I was asked for LDAP credentials settings during post-install phase, however it did not really work for me out-of-box (but I used Fedora last time when FC3 was recent one). Might be some strange problem with VirtualBox NAT anyway ...

I did several more experiments and discovered following:
 - following advice in https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/at-spi2-core/+bug/870874 did not really help alone
 - when I installed lightdm, I was able to log into session of any window manager available (GNOME3,gnome-classic,lxdm,icewm)
- if I switched back to gdm3, I WAS able to log in !
- I was then able to log in even after erasing LDAP user's home directory content !
- the same approach works on another box (same problem, same solution).

There is something that can be unlocked using lightdm and not gdm3 (probably gdm3 bug).

Unfortunately I did not find any usefull gdm3 logs anywhere, as for LDAP settings, I use nslcd + pam-ldapd , relevant configuration file:

# /etc/nslcd.conf
# The user and group nslcd should run as.
uid nslcd
gid nslcd
# The search base that will be used for all queries.
base dc=our,dc=great-domain,dc=cz
uri                             ldaps://ldapserver/
# SSL options
tls_reqcert                     allow
timelimit                       120
idle_timelimit                  3600
bind_timelimit                  120
ssl                             on
tls_cacert /etc/ssl/certs/cacert.pem
As for the logs during login attempt, nothing interesting can be seen on server logs - if you mean something specific, I can try to tune loging levels.

Thank you for your help
    George