Re: [gdm-list] gdm3 + LDAP does not work

On 01/05/2013 03:01 AM, George wrote:
I tried to tweak /etc/pam.d/gdm3, but without any success. Are there any
obvious advices I should follow ? I spend a lot of time googling around,
but I did not find any clear answer to my question, which is surprising
as the number of people runnin GDM and LDAP should be quite high ...

It probably is, but I haven't run in to any similar problems recently.

I don't like to suggest that one distribution is better than another, but Red Hat's tools configure NSS and PAM very simply, and reliably create working configurations. You should not need to modify the NSS and PAM configuration files directly. The best way forward may be to install Fedora somewhere, configure it using "authconfig", and copy the working configuration files to your Debian system. As an added tip, the sssd stack that Fedora uses by default is much better than the PADL nss_ldap and pam_ldap stack. If it's available in Debian, use it.

Otherwise, it would be useful to include your PAM configuration files, LDAP module configuration files (whether that's SSSD or PADL), and logs written during the login attempt.