Re: [gdm-list] Custom greeter

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 11:20 AM, intrigeri <intrigeri boum org> wrote:
So, my questions are:

  * Is there any documentation for custom greeter writers?
Not really.

  * Is the "custom greeter" usecase something the GDM developers are
    interested to support on the long run?
It's not something I've given a lot of thought.  Perhaps a better approach would be a shell extension?  That would require fixing the shell to allow extensions in gdm mode, but that shouldn't be a big deal to add.

  * Are you aware of any existing custom greeter for GDM 3.x?
    Even a trivial proof-of-concept would do.
Here's the commit where the fallback greeter got ported to the new api:

https://git.gnome.org/browse/gdm/commit/gui/simple-greeter?id=1ec0665b631965b8c73277374dddde8b1d8b6d1e

I think Martin Owens at some point had an example greeter. I don't know if he ever updated it for 3.4.

--Ray