Re: [gdm-list] Disabling the message "Your session only lasted less than 10 seconds."

Hey,

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 10:27 PM, Adam NEVERT <adam nevert yahoo com> wrote:
> I want to disable the message "Your session only lasted less than 10
is> seconds." because I'm making authenticating test and often disconnect
> quickly from my session.
We don't display that message anymore and haven't for quite some time.
 What version of GDM are you using?

> I checked all my Xsession files and didn't find a part of code returning a
> particular code. Can you precise me the exact file, where in th file and
> the exact code I should add ?
inside /usr/share/xsessions there is a desktop file corresponding to
the session you log in with.  That binary is the thing that needs to
exit with a 66 status.  Probably the easiest way to make it do that is
to create a shell script wrapper that runs the binary like

#!/bin/sh
/usr/bin/whatever-session
exit 66

(where whatever-session is the thing mentioned in the Exec line of the
desktop file in /usr/share/xsessions for the session you're logging in
with)

--Ray