Re: [gdm-list] Login Process on Gnome

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 9:04 PM, Leonel Florin Selles
<leonel06013 cfg jovenclub cu> wrote:
> I'm working in a school, in which I have the list of students that visit
> the computer lab, the list of users is in a database along with their
> alleged passwords.
>
> I need to create a login for Gonome sesions, that allow me to take the
> username and password that the students put and get validated against the
> database, and if the credentials of the students are true let him enter
> for an existing session on the system, all this need to be performances on
> the login windows of gdm or gonome.
>
> In windows I do not have problems with this, because a rewrite the
> MSGINA.dll, but here with gonome I don't know how.
>
> there is anyone can help me
On Linux you would use write your own PAM module to validate the user
against your database.

Alternatively, you could sync your database with /etc/shadow or change
/etc/nsswitch.conf to use db for shadow (password hash) information
instead of /etc/shadow

Another option would be export the database via ldap and use ldap for
authentication.

--Ray