Re: [gdm-list] gdm-3.1.91 won't start

Hi,

Log has:

gdm-welcome][435]: DEBUG(+): GdmSessionWorker: authentication returned
7: Authentication failure

This suggests the gdm-welcome pam service isn't configured correctly
for your distribution.

This file is new in 3.1.90 and newer so that seems plausible.

This file is run to as part of launching the greeter session.  It
should be similar to the gdm-autologin service or so.

It may need to run pam_systemd  / pamd_loginuid if you use systemd

--Ray