Re: [gdm-list] Disable restart_shutdown_buttons on gdm3 loginscreen

Le mercredi 25 mai 2011 à 10:36 +0200, Christian Resnik a écrit :
> > In /etc/gdm3/greeter.gconf-defaults add a line:
> > /apps/gdm/simple-greeter/disable_restart_buttons true

> Are there any additional steps that have to be taken? After su'ing to
> root, adding the line you mentioned and saving the file, I just issued #
> reboot

You only need a “invoke-rc.d gdm3 reload”.

> I find this very frustrating, especially since setting the line
> "/apps/gdm/simple-greeter/disable_user_list" to true in
> /etc/gdm3/greeter.gconf-defaults actually does work - after enabling it
> and restarting, the user is required to enter his username instead of
> just clicking on an available user on the loginscreen.

OK, so the greeter must be at fault here if this GConf setting is
ignored.

> Do you have any other suggestion?

Have a look in the code and find why it doesn’t read this setting
correctly.

If you provide a simple enough patch, it could go in the next squeeze
point release.

--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :