[gdm-list] gdmsetup not working

Hi Paulo

Maybe you were able to solve your problem already. If not here's what works for me:

On Debian Squeeze, I get the same error message when running gmdsetup as root.
In order to create an autologin, edit /etc/gdm3/daemon.conf as root.
Specifically, in the section [daemon], set the line AutomaticLoginEnable to true and the line AutomaticLogin should be followed by the username.

Afterwards, simply reboot to activate these changes.

This worked for me on Debian Squeeze and gdm3. For gdm, the same option might apply to /etc/gdm/gdm.conf. If not, consider searching the Mint Forums, there seems to be quite an active community.

Best regards
Chris