Re: [gdm-list] Using gdm 2.30 for XDMCP but not for console screen
- From: Ray Strode <halfline gmail com>
- To: Robert Hendrickx <robert percu be>
- Cc: gdm-list gnome org, Robert Hendrickx <robert_hendrickx yahoo fr>
- Subject: Re: [gdm-list] Using gdm 2.30 for XDMCP but not for console screen
- Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 22:45:30 -0500
On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 8:06 AM, Robert Hendrickx
<robert_hendrickx yahoo fr> wrote:
> I have a headless server, and I want to spare resources by not starting the
> X server on the console, but I want GDM to manage the XDMCP sessions...
With recent versions of GDM (2.32) you can uninstall the X server and
then it won't get
started but will still function as an xdmcp server.
Apart from that, there's not currently a way to do it via
configuration, though, afaik
There are some outstanding patches to add support for more flexible
but they aren't actively being worked on afaik.
] [Thread Prev