Re: [gdm-list] session and 'sudo' code

05.08.2011 14:58, Zoltan Szecsei пишет:

> Check  under 'invocation' in 'man bash'
> My guess is that putting it into /etc/profile.d/myenv.sh should do it, but check for
> your flavour of linux.

This won't work for the very same reasons: greeter is running under "Debian-gdm" user
so it's unable to write to PostLogin or profile.d directories.

> For the rest, not sure, but these are linux admin questions, not gdal questions.

This is gdm question - that's why it's asked in gdm-list :)

Let me reiterate: I've got to set session's env. variable (user's session - the one
with the desktop and stuff which you see AFTER logon) from the user's input to
greeter program (like simple-greeter spawned by gdm - the one which ask you login and
password BEFORE logon).

Is it more clear now?
The problem is that I don't know how to safely and easily run code with another
uid\gid from gdm greeter - not that I don't know how to set env. vars in general.

cheers,
Max.