Re: [gdm-list] session and 'sudo' code

On 2011/08/04 19:04, † wrote:
Hello.

I've got 2 (related) questions about GDM's interaction with session.
Usually GDM runs under dedicated user (like 'Debian-gdm' for example).

a) How can we set some environment variables from greeter program (spawned by GDM) so
they will be available in the user's session after logon?
Check  under 'invocation' in 'man bash'
My guess is that putting it into /etc/profile.d/myenv.sh should do it, but check for your flavour of linux.

For the rest, not sure, but these are linux admin questions, not gdal questions.
The Cape Linux usersgroup are very helpful and active, so signup at www.clug.org.za

HTH,
Zoltan

b) More general - what's the best way to execute some code in greeter with different
(preferably root) privileges?

Those questions are related because if we can do b) than we can easily make a) happen
by altering files in PostLogon for example.

The only thing I can think of right now is to use some external suid helper which
seems like too much of a security risk.

thanks,
Max.