[gdm-list] layout selection

Hello.

I'm working on custom greeter program for gdm 2.30.5 (version in Debian squeeze).

As far as I understood it still have layout selection support which was dropped from
mainline this February.

I'd like to add layout selection to my greeter:

- to select and apply kb layout for the greeter itself (e. g. logon screen)
- to select and apply kb layout for the gnome session (e. g. after user have logged in)

Could you help me on how to properly use 'SelectLayout', 'DefaultLayoutNameChanged'
and other dbus signals to do that?

Is there some configuration required in advance? Do I need the layouts to be set in
xorg.cong? via gconftool? smth else?

Btw, what's the proper way to get currently active kb layout? All the samples I've
found only deals with getting all possible layout variants instead of the one which
is currently active.

thanks,
Max.