Re: [gdm-list] gdm won't run after upgrade...

On 27/10/10 06:10, Ray Strode wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 4:55 AM, Morgan Read <mstuff read org nz> wrote:
>>
>> When I try to run gdm from the command line, this is the output:
>> [root mythtv log]# gdm
>>
>> ** (gdm-binary:1624): WARNING **: Failed to acquire org.gnome.DisplayManager
>>
>> ** (gdm-binary:1624): WARNING **: Could not acquire name; bailing out
> Normally this error means gdm is already running.
>
> Try "pkill -f gdm" and see if that kicks it.
>
> It could also be a problem with the dbus security policy in /etc/dbus-1/system.d

[root mythtv ~]# gdm

** (gdm-binary:1640): WARNING **: Failed to acquire org.gnome.DisplayManager

** (gdm-binary:1640): WARNING **: Could not acquire name; bailing out
[root mythtv ~]#

Hmmm, didn't work - so, a dbus security policy - if I disable selinux
would that rule out such I think.  I was running selinux in permissive
mode before the upgrade, so assume I am still...

[root mythtv ~]# sestatus
SELinux status:                 enabled
SELinuxfs mount:                /selinux
Current mode:                   permissive
Mode from config file:          permissive
Policy version:                 24
Policy from config file:        targeted
[root mythtv ~]#

Looks like it.

Is there some other sort of security police that might be affecting
/etc/dbus-1/system.d ?

Many thanks.
Regards,
Morgan.