Re: [gdm-list] gdm does not start automatically on start of Linux workstation.

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 6:34 AM, Akbar Khalidi Faizi
<akbar adpolice gov ae> wrote:
> I am using Linux 5 Oracle Enterprise Linux. My keyboard or mouse hangs due
> to a switch (enables sharing of monitor, mouse and keyboard between
> computers) problem. When I restart my workstation I find gnome is not
> working in session F7. I tried to start it using gdm-stop and gdm-start,
> gdm-restart, gdm-safe-restart. All of those options, but nothing work.

This could be a number of things (some unrelated to GDM).  You may
want to open a support ticket with Oracle and get help that way.

The first thing I'd check, though, is /etc/inittab.  It should say
"id:5:initdefault:" and not "id:3:initdefault:"

It could also be a problem with X starting.  /var/log/Xorg.0.log may
give a hint.

--Ray