[gdm-list] gdm won't run after upgrade...

Hello list

I recently upgraded my system and now gdm won't run.

When I try to run gdm from the command line, this is the output:
[root mythtv log]# gdm

** (gdm-binary:1624): WARNING **: Failed to acquire org.gnome.DisplayManager

** (gdm-binary:1624): WARNING **: Could not acquire name; bailing out
[root mythtv log]#

Google has provided little insight to that.  Does anyone have any idea
were to start fixing this, I'd rather not do a clean install - it's the
obvious, but a cop-out.

Many thanks,
M.
--