Re: [gdm-list] Autologin with fingerprint?

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 1:52 PM, Marco Leise <Marco Leise gmx de> wrote:
> Hello, I just got thinkfinger working and I was wondering if I could get gdm
> to log into my default user account with no typing.
> My gdm-autologin looks like this:
>
> #%PAM-1.0
> auth       optional             pam_env.so
> auth       required             pam_nologin.so
> auth       required             pam_permit.so
> account    include              system-login
> password   include              system-login
> session    include              system-auth
> session    optional             pam_gnome_keyring.so auto_start
[...]
> All I need is auto-login to wait for an ok from pam_thinkfinger I guess, but
> I don't feel like digging through the documentation for hours to realize it
> can't work or it is a trivial one-liner. Do you have a hint for me?

The problem is with automatic login we don't show a greeter so I don't
think it will work if the pam stack requires user input.

I'm not that familar with pam_thinkfinger. If you click "Other..."
does it say "Please swipe finger" (or whatever) or "Username:" as its
first prompt?

if the former then disabling the userlist should give the effect you
want (since disabling the user list has the side effect of jumping
straight into the pam conversation).  If the latter then i'm not
really sure, it would take some tinkering, but I don't know exactly
what kind.

--Ray