Re: [gdm-list] Cannot get /usr/local/lib/opensc-pkcs11.so to work with gdm-smartcard-worker.

Further to my previous post I took the plunge and downloaded the LiveCD, burned it, logged in from it, installed the necessary packages, applied my own hacks (tedious job that was!), installed the new gdm (2.32-1 is the newest version for FC14 apparently), installed the new gdm-smartcard-plugin, ran "authconfig --smartcard --update" to make sure that all /etc/pam.d/ modules are reset properly, made sure my own Aladdin card is recognised (it was!), tried to first login from the console - that was a success (well, almost, as my own user name wasn't recognised by the LiveCD, but that is beside the point) - and then took the plunge and logged off to try the gdm log in.

I had to cancel the 'autologin' which comes with the LiveCD and then select Smartcard Authentication ... SUCCESS!!!!

I was asked for my user name, then PIN number and even though I've again failed the login due to the user name not being recognised by the LiveCD system this was a success nonetheless.

The $1m question now is - what do I do with my own system (FC13)?