Re: [gdm-list] Per-user session scripts for GDM defaults?

> The obvious alternative to using the display manager to run user
> scripts for the session is to use the session manager, which is
> running as the user. gnome-session already has all the necessary hooks
> to run programs on login.

I do not use gnome-session at all.

I would prefer a mechanism tied to GDM, rather than duplicate
the functionality in the various session managers I do use.

IMHO, GDM is the logical choice if you do not wish to
be tied to a specific session manager. The example I've shown,
namely moving browser profiles to ramdisk for maximum performance,
is a good example.

Don't you agree?

Jouko