Re: [gdm-list] Per-user session scripts for GDM defaults?
- From: Dan Nicholson <dbn lists gmail com>
- To: Brian Cameron <brian cameron oracle com>
- Cc: Jouko Orava <joorava iki fi>, gdm-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [gdm-list] Per-user session scripts for GDM defaults?
- Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 13:03:31 -0700
On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 9:40 AM, Brian Cameron <brian cameron oracle com> wrote:
> 2) The ability to add a hook for users to run user-defined scripts.
> While there are cases that this would be useful, this would need
> to be implemented with proper security in mind. It would not
> be good to run the user-defined scripts with any inappropriate
> privileges. Getting this right might be some work.
> Note that solution #1 can also provide the solution for #2 since
> the sysadmin can add a hook to run scripts in the user's $HOME
> directory (including dropping privilege) if desired.
The obvious alternative to using the display manager to run user
scripts for the session is to use the session manager, which is
running as the user. gnome-session already has all the necessary hooks
to run programs on login.
] [Thread Prev