Re: [gdm-list] Multiseat status in 2.30

Brian Cameron schreef:

> Paul:
>
>> Do they have impact in stability when you don't use them?
>
> At Oracle, we have tested the patched quite a lot, and they seem to work
> well.  However, the change is non-trivial, and there may still be some
> bugs.

Do we get enough testing this way?

>> If not: would it be an idea to add them as "beta features" ?
>>
>> I would like to test them, when they would be in a package for my
>> distribution (Debian). Now it's too much work (I am not a developper but
>> a sysadmin).
>
> Any help you can provide in testing would be great.  If you want to
> suggest to your distro that they should package GDM with these patches,
> you would need to file a bug or enhancement request with your distro.

I know my distribution. They will say: "Debian is not a testing
playroom. You can put it in "experimental" or on your site."

They will only do it, when you do it.

If you do it now, there is a change that it comes into the next stable
release (and in Ubuntu and other Debian derivates).

In Debian there is both the old GDM and the new GDM.
http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/gdm
http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/gdm3
http://packages.qa.debian.org/g/gdm3.html

With regards,