Re: [gdm-list] Help && I want to be part of the fun with GDM

This is correct.  GDM uses PAM for authentication.  The GDM daemon
talks to PAM in the daemon/gdm-session-worker.c code.  Any
authentication prompts or messages are just passed via D-Bus to the
login GUI.  If the PAM module requests any text-input, then the daemon
informs the GUI to setup the entry field for the user to enter in a
response (such as username or password).

A PAM module that does face authentication probably does not require any
input, so it would probably just display a message telling the user to
position their face in front of the camera and block until
authentication is successful.  Once the PAM conversation is
authenticated, GDM will start the normal user session.

So, it sounds like most, if not all, of the work you need to do is
writing a new PAM module.  I'd think GDM wouldn't need any work unless
you find a bug in how GDM works with custom PAM modules.

Brian