[gdm-list] Fedora 12, GDM, Login Screen, Theme

Plenty-several users have posted to several threads on as many sites,
requesting the return of the GDM Theme Configuration Tool in Fedora
releases (i.s. Fedora 12)

Some responses guide users to revert to KDM, others simply how to change
the background.

It appears what most Fedora users want, in fact, is to be able to
customise the entire login screen (Not just the background).

The actual question then: Where does the problem lie? Had GDM taken a
stand as to how the login should appear or has the Fedora team decided
that that one screen (With a listing of each and every user on the
system!) is the only one a user could or should use?

I've subscribed to the Fedora forum but I am not getting any definite
answers.

If anybody could enlighten me, I will be most grateful!

Cheers!

From:        Danie Bosman
E-Mail:       daniejbosman gmail com