Re: [gdm-list] Multi-seat with multiple X-servers

Hi,

On Mon, 14 Sep 2009, Brian Cameron wrote:

We could use more testing of the new GDM with MultiSeat support, so if
you could try out the new patches with the new GDM, and let us know
how it works or what issues you encounter, then that would help to
ensure it gets upstream quickly.

Testing would be fine, but I'm personally stuck in a situation that because I got the system finally working somehow with GDM and ConsoleKit from few months ago, I'm reluctant to upgrade them because I need to keep the system running or I'm going to get somewhat negative feedback and pretty quickly :) I'm going to do the upgrade once I'm alone for a day or two so I'm going to have enough time to fix it in time if needed.

Anyhow, I just keep wondering, apparently there is no simple way to test the setup with any known virtualization setup. It'd be very helpful, though, to get that done somehow. Sun owns virtualbox, I believe, could you ask if the virtualbox developers could add a "second monitor" support into it? :)

--
Jukka Honkela