Re: [gdm-list] Multi-seat with multiple X-servers

Brian Cameron schreef:

>> I am using the old one, and I would like to know if I get problems with
>> the new one... I will add my xorg.conf as an attachment.
>
> I'd think you would have problems, yes.  The new GDM does not support
> MultiSeat yet.
>
>>> If you are applying the ConsoleKit and GDM patches as mentioned
>>> in bugs.freedesktop.org bug #19333 and bugzilla.gnome.org bug #536355,
>>> then this does add MultiSeat support and should allow you to configure
>>> GDM to work in this way.  However, this is bleeding edge code, and may
>>> have bugs and the configuration interfaces may not be fully stable yet.
>>
>> I saw it, and I would like to know if I need it. And if it would work
>> for me.
>
> Probably not, unless you build the new GDM with the patches I pointed to
> in my previous email.  Hopefully these patches will get into the new GDM
> in the 2.30 timeframe, and then it should work for you.  We were hoping
> to get this work done in the 2.28 timeframe, but it ended up being much
> more work than we expected.

Then it can become a real problem in the future for me...

At this moment my distribution Debian is shipping GDM version 2.20.9 for
the next release, but when they would switch to a newer version my setup
does not work anymore (till hopefully version 2.30.x).

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

--
http://www.vandervlis.nl/