Re: [gdm-list] Multi-seat with multiple X-servers

Paul:

Then it can become a real problem in the future for me...

At this moment my distribution Debian is shipping GDM version 2.20.9 for
the next release, but when they would switch to a newer version my setup
does not work anymore (till hopefully version 2.30.x).

Yes, the lack of MultiSeat support is probably one of the main reasons
that many distributions have been slow to adopt the new GDM rewrite.  It
is an important feature for an important segment of GDM users.

We are working hard to get MultiSeat support into ConsoleKit and GDM.
If your distro updates to a version of GDM that doesn't work, then you
will either need to uninstall the new version of GDM and replace it with
the older one, or rebuild the new GDM with the patches.

We could use more testing of the new GDM with MultiSeat support, so if
you could try out the new patches with the new GDM, and let us know
how it works or what issues you encounter, then that would help to
ensure it gets upstream quickly.

Brian