Re: [gdm-list] Turn off user list in greeter

Hi,

>>> Anybody want to create a patch for the docs/C/gdm.xml file to include
>>> the example?  I think the manual would be easier to understand if it
>>> provided more clear examples like this.
>>
>> FWIW, it would probably be pretty simple to take the old gdmsetup code
>> and revamp it to just operate on gconf instead of the configuration
>> files.
>
> I would love to see any proposal.
I don't think it's a good idea.  The party line is that we want to
*integrate* gdm with the rest of the desktop.  It shouldn't seem like
some disjoint application separate from the rest of the system.  In
that same vein, we shouldn't add a monolithic gdmsetup tool.  That's
why it was removed in the first place.  What we really need is to

1) get some incarnation of the patch in bug 536531 upstream, for
setting the background
2) get a new user account dialog written that covers things like auto login
3) get the display configuration stuff halton's working on fleshed out
and finished (i hope to spend some time helping with that next week)

--Ray