Re: [gdm-list] Turn off user list in greeter

Hi,

On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 12:15 AM, David Highley
<dhighley highley-recommended com> wrote:
> I changed the file /etc/gconf/schemas/gdm-simple-greeter.schemas turning
> the value to TRUE for:
> <schema>
>  <key>/schemas/apps/gdm/simple-greeter/disable_user_list</key>
>  <applyto>/apps/gdm/simple-greeter/disable_user_list</applyto>
>  <owner>gdm-simple-greeter</owner>
>  <type>bool</type>
>  <default>TRUE</default>
>
> I rebooted the system but the greeter is still showing users.
That schema file shouldn't be in /etc but is for historical reasons.
It's not actually a config file, but a distribution "factory defaults"
file.

Those defaults have already been loaded into your machine, so the file
is only around so that package upgrades work properly.

See Dan's message from a recent thread here:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gdm-list/2009-May/msg00031.html

for instructions on how to disable the user list.

--Ray