[gdm-list] Turn off user list in greeter

I changed the file /etc/gconf/schemas/gdm-simple-greeter.schemas turning
the value to TRUE for:
<schema>
  <key>/schemas/apps/gdm/simple-greeter/disable_user_list</key>
  <applyto>/apps/gdm/simple-greeter/disable_user_list</applyto>
  <owner>gdm-simple-greeter</owner>
  <type>bool</type>
  <default>TRUE</default>

I rebooted the system but the greeter is still showing users. I was
hoping this would turn off the reading of the automounted home
directories for the user icon. There must be away to disable this as it
would never work in an enterprise environment with lots of users.
Reminds me of Vista home edition.