Re: [gdm-list] Configure GDM not to display users in /etc/passwd

Rodrique:

Thanks Brian, first I was looking at the wrong doc, and I expecting it to be a config change to /etc//gdm/custom.conf. I'm in charge of replacing Windows with Fedora desktops for my company. It appears I would have to go to each desktop and launch gconf-editor to turn this feature off. Do you know what file this is stored in so that I can just distribute it to all the desktops?

Perhaps in the $HOME/.gconf directory in the gdm user's $HOME directory?
I'd guess that would be /var/lib/gdm, though you might want to check
/etc/passwd to make sure.

Brian