Re: [gdm-list] Configure GDM not to display users in /etc/passwd

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 1:50 PM, Brian Cameron <Brian Cameron sun com> wrote:

Rodrique:

How can I configure Fedora GDM to only display a prompt with username and password field, instead of all the users in /etc/passwd?

This is explained in the manual.

http://library.gnome.org/admin/gdm/

Make sure to check the docs for the version of GDM you are using,
since the configuration mechanism changed in GDM 2.21 and later
versions.

Brian

Thanks Brian, first I was looking at the wrong doc, and I expecting it to be a config change to /etc//gdm/custom.conf. I'm in charge of replacing Windows with Fedora desktops for my company. It appears I would have to go to each desktop and launch gconf-editor to turn this feature off. Do you know what file this is stored in so that I can just distribute it to all the desktops?

Thanks