Re: [gdm-list] Requesting for assistance

Respected Sir ,

Thank youu very much Sir for your fast reply .I logged in as root and runned 'startx' to launch the GUI program and backed out changes I made . Now I can log in as a root but while I try to login as normal user which I have created , i get the folowing error message :

"GDM could not write to your authorization file.
this could mean that  you are  out of disk space or your home directory could not be opened for writing. in any case, it is not possible to log in
contact your system administrator"

these are the outputs as you have asked for

[root localhost ~]# cd /var
[root localhost var]# ls
account  cvs    games  local  mail  preserve  spool  www
cache    db     gdm    lock   nis   racoon    tmp    yp
crash    empty  lib    log    opt   run       tux
[root localhost var]# ls -ld gdm
drwxrwx--T 2 root gdm 4096 Jan  7 12:35 gdm
[root localhost var]#

the output of the command ls -ld /var/gdm is as follows

[root localhost ~]# gdmflexiserver --command=VERSION
GDM 2.16.0
[root localhost ~]# ls -ld /var/gdm
drwxrwx--T 2 root gdm 4096 Jan  7 12:38 /var/gdm
[root localhost ~]#
Please help me to sort out this problem so that i may login as normal user also .
eagerly waiting for your help ,

Thanks & regards ,
Manarshi Das
Mob:+91-9000999730