[gdm-list] GDM patch to make user switching able to pre-select user

Hi,

I'm trying to patch GDM so that a new GDM session can be opened with a user pre-selected. This seems to be harder than I had expected.

The current switch user behaviour seems to be:
- Iterate through the Sessions as provided by ConsoleKit looking for a session of type 'LoginWindow'
- If that session exists, switch to it
- Otherwise open a new transient session (which will automatically run the greeter) and switch to it

What I was expecting is there should be a link between Sessions and Displays so in the above case I could find the Display for the session being switched to and give it the default user to log in as.

My questions are:
1. Is there any reason why a Display should not have a GetSession() method?
2. Is there an easy way to get the greeter object for a Display?

Thanks,
--Robert