Re: [gdm-list] GDM patch to make user switching able to pre-select user
- From: Brian Cameron <Brian Cameron Sun COM>
- To: Robert Ancell <robert ancell canonical com>
- Cc: gdm-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [gdm-list] GDM patch to make user switching able to pre-select user
- Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 10:16:59 -0600
You can run ck-list-sessions to find out the mapping between sessions
and displays. So, if you need to lookup what VT sessions the user may
already be using, I would think that you could get this information via
ck-list-sessions, or via D-Bus calls to access the ConsoleKit database
I'm trying to patch GDM so that a new GDM session can be opened with a
user pre-selected. This seems to be harder than I had expected.
The current switch user behaviour seems to be:
- Iterate through the Sessions as provided by ConsoleKit looking for a
session of type 'LoginWindow'
- If that session exists, switch to it
- Otherwise open a new transient session (which will automatically run
the greeter) and switch to it
What I was expecting is there should be a link between Sessions and
Displays so in the above case I could find the Display for the session
being switched to and give it the default user to log in as.
My questions are:
1. Is there any reason why a Display should not have a GetSession() method?
2. Is there an easy way to get the greeter object for a Display?
gdm-list mailing list
gdm-list gnome org
] [Thread Prev