Re: [gdm-list] gdm username history

Jehan:

The below patch seems to disable the Face Browser completely.  This is
probably what people like Bob are really wanting.  However, the original
request seemed to be that it would be good to allow the Face Browser to
be used, but to have a configuration option to disable the history
record-keeping aspects of it.

Brian

Good, erasing or reduce mode access to /var/log/ConsoleKit/history might be a workaround .

In the mean time I found this from http://library.gnome.org/admin/gdm/stable/overview.html "The Face Browser is the interface which allows users to select their username by clicking on an image. This feature can be enabled or disabled via the /apps/gdm/simple-greeter/disable_user_list GConf key and is on by default. "

Then I tried to set that "key" (disable_user_list) with gconf-editor with no sucess :-(
here's a possible patch, but I haven't tried yet
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-extras-commits/2008-May/msg02028.html

%changelog
+* Thu May  8 2008 Matthias Clasen <mclasen redhat com> - 1:2.22.0-6
+- Add a GConf key to disable the user list

If someone succeed in setting "disable_user_list" please let us know .