Re: [gdm-list] Docs for GDM 2.24

Am Mittwoch, den 27.08.2008, 21:31 -0500 schrieb Brian Cameron:

> The only TODO that I didn't mark in the docs, which might be good to
> discuss would be to explain how to write your own greeter.  Since one
> of the selling points of the new GDM is that this should be possible,
> it would be good to have the interfaces necessary to do this documented.
> However, this might not be necessary for the 2.24 release.

	Well, I wish that would be in place now :) That part of the
documentation I had hoped for for a long time. If I had known before I
started the gdm-graphical-greeter, into how much trouble I'm running -
mainly due to not expecting writing a greeter to be so involved - I
would have asked Jon other questions during GUADEC.

	While I don't want to give the impression of offering my help writing
that part of the documentation - I'm probably the least capable person
on the planet to do that - I want to emphasize how much needed this
particular part of the documentation is. What I can offer is reading and
suggestions for the to-be-written "how to write your own
greeter"-manual.

	Still I would like to get my gdm-graphical-greeter working to some
extend before anything else :)

Best regards ...

Mirco