Re: [gdm-list] how to choose which users are visible?

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 7:03 AM, Brian Cameron <Brian Cameron sun com> wrote:
> Valent:

>>> If using GDM 2.20 or earlier, then this can be defined by setting the
>>> following configuration options in the GDM custom.conf file.
>>>
>>> [greeter]
>>> IncludeAll=false
>>> Include=(list of users separated by commas)
>>
>> I'm actually asking for gdm 2.24, but I will try it and then report
>> back if it doesn't work.
>
> Sorry, if you are using 2.24, that method will not work.  I assumed
> you were talking about the older GDM since you made mention of the
> gdm.custom file.
>
> I don't believe the new GDM has any mechanism to control the users which
> are displayed. The configuration options it does support are listed
> here:
>
>  http://live.gnome.org/GDM/2.22/Configuration

There is actually a mechanism in place to exclude users for the
simple-greeter, but it currently only adds the users defined in
DEFAULT_EXCLUDE in gui/simple-greeter/gdm-user-manager.c. If you have
specific users you always want to exclude, I suppose you can hard code
them into that list for now.

--
Dan