Re: [gdm-list] Is it possible to launch an application when we press Ctrl + Alt +Del

Renju:

I mean Ctrl+Alt+Del? I was able to get this by changing the keybinding for Logout through gnome-keybinding-properties dialog and setting a command(i mean my application binary) for Ctrl+Alt+Del. However it came into effect only after rebooting the system. So it needs a xserver restart as you said. Could you please tell me, in which %gconf.xml these configuration goes after these setting.

If you are using GDM 2.22, then there is some information about how to
configure it here:

  http://live.gnome.org/GDM/2.22/Configuration

However, this page doesn't seem to discuss the keybinding configuration
options much.  You might need to su as the "gdm" user and run
gconf-editor to modify the various GConf settings for the keybindings.
I believe keybindings are stored in the following keys:

I am not really familiar enough with the code to be more specific, but
hopefully this will get you pointed in the right direciton.

Default keybindings:

apps/gnome_settings_daemon/keybindings.

Custom keybindings are stored here:

desktop/gnome/keybindings

Also some metacity keybindings are here:

apps/metacity/global_keybindings
apps/metacity/keybinding_commands
apps/metacity/window_keybindings

Brian