Re: [gdm-list] remote manager (XDMCP) on Suse

Dave:

If you have turned on SystemMenu=true and ChooserButton=true in your
GDM configuration, then you should be able to use the "Options" button
to start the gdmchooser program, which will allow you to XMDCP to
other machines.

Some GDM themes may not support the Options button, or a button to
run the XDMCP chooser.  You can hit the F10 key to see a menu which
will show all the options.  If you are using a theme that doesn't
support showing the XDMCP chooser via a more direct method than
the "F10" key, then you might consider using a better theme, or
enhancing your theme to support the Options button or a button to
launch the chooser.

Brian

I have a Suse 9 SP3 host I've installed gdm via sunray server. The
default WM is KDE.
What I'd like the login screen to allow is a remote login to any
machine broadcasting
via XDMCP without first logging in to this host.
Under CDE, this would be found under options-->remote host.
I've already modified gdm.conf with
Enable=True
Browser=true
ChooserButton=true

I've restarted X11 but see no difference. On this host I can xnest to
get a remote login
display from the various target hosts so I know they're running XDMCP.

What other steps do I need to take?

TIA