Re: [gdm-list] [g-a-devel] What's the Status of Audio in GDM?

George:

There are many different types of user needs; however, we cannot setup a
gesture for them all.  The new Preferred Applications configuration for
accessibility is flexible and expandable.  Please review the design page
referenced below.

http://live.gnome.org/GAP/ScratchPad/PreferredApplications

PS: Also, please read:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-accessibility-devel/2008-May/msg00014.html

This seems completely reasonable.  As you suggest in your previous
emails, I think the first step is to add a common gesture launching
mechanisms to the login screen and the session for launching the
preferred visual/mobility AT programs.  We probably should try to
support both keybindings and mouse cursor based gestures initially.

If there is a need for adding more AT categories and keybindings/mouse
gestures to start them, we can pursue that later.  Hopefully the
infrastructure we choose for implementing this will lend itself
to easy extension later if necessary.

Brian