Re: [gdm-list] What's the Status of Audio in GDM?

On Mon, 2008-05-05 at 10:28 -0400, Janina Sajka wrote:

> As we've been testing GDM for accessibility support on Fedora 9, we
> continue to note the lack of audio support. This means that a screen
> reader user has no way to know when it's OK to login.
>
> There is no "beep" on backspace at the Login and Passwd entry. More
> seriously still:
>
> SoundOnLogin=true
> SoundOnLoginFile=[some].wav
>
> in /etc/gdm/custom.conf continues broken.
>
> Of course we're needing the additional benefit of starting Orca for TTS
> via Ctrl-s, Orca with braille via Ctrl-b, etc. I can't comment on
> anything other than sound myself, but will be happy to investigate the
> other gestures if that's desired. But, what should we expect for sound?

What version are you trying out ?
Ray has been fixing the speech support in gdm; and I have had orca read
the user list to me, personally.

If you could compile a list of 'standard' keyboard shortcuts for a11y on
the login screen, that would be very useful, and we'll make sure to have
them implemented asap.

Thanks, Matthias