Re: [gdm-list] GDM Customization

SantoshQbit:

Sorry but entry fields in gdmgreeter do not yet support alpha.  If
someone wanted to enhance gdmgreeter to support alpha for entry fields,
that would be great.

The "Username" and "Password" strings are coming from PAM, so you would
need to modify the PAM modules to change these strings.

It is possible to build GDM to not use PAM, but instead work with
/etc/passwd or /etc/shadow files directly, which might give you more
ability to hack the GDM code to get the strings you want to show up.
But then you lose the flexibility of PAM.  Unless you are already not
using PAM.  You'll need to check how GDM is configured to see if it
is using PAM or not.

If you run "ldd /usr/sbin/gdm-binary" and it shows libpam in the list,
then you are using PAM.

Brian

I am new in this forum and this is my first post to any forum, So please
correct if i am wrong
I have Ubuntu7.10 installed on my machine and i have a 32 bit machine.
I have edited one of gdm theme from default themes successfully but now i
want to make that userlist in gdm fully transparent. for now i can only make the rect transparent
except the username label and icons label in gdm by setting the alpha
value.But I want it fully tranparent specially the username background in
that userlist.
So could anyone please help me to resolve this problem and also suggest me
it possible to make that password entry box(by default has white background)
fully transparent.
And one more thing is it possible to make that "Username" and "Password"
label text to lowercase.

Please help me, Thanks in advance.