[gdm-list] GDM Customization

Hello All,
I am new in this forum and this is my first post to any forum, So please
correct if i am wrong
I have Ubuntu7.10 installed on my machine and i have a 32 bit machine.
I have edited one of gdm theme from default themes successfully but now i
want to make that userlist
in gdm fully transparent. for now i can only make the rect transparent
except the username label and icons label in gdm by setting the alpha
value.But I want it fully tranparent specially the username background in
that userlist.
So could anyone please help me to resolve this problem and also suggest me
it possible to make that password entry box(by default has white background)
fully transparent.
And one more thing is it possible to make that "Username" and "Password"
label text to lowercase.

Please help me, Thanks in advance.