Re: [gdm-list] HELP with X Server

hey,
you could try this to "reset" your X configuration, and then restart
and see if X starts...
sudo dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg
as an aside, you don't need to install from cdrom, you can also
install from network boot... google it for many tutorials on how to do
it...
hope that helps for now.
_J