[gdm-list] twinview problem

Hello,

This is probably not an XFCE issue and it's driving me insane and I was hoping you could shed some light. I have an NVIDIA Quadro FX 540 with 2 monitors attached, one on the dvi and one on the analogue port. If I launch xfce using the xfcestart4 script, all goes well (this is what I've been using for the last couple of months). However, I upgraded to xubuntu 8.04 and for lots of reasons, mainly access rights on my USB key, I have to use gdm. The strange thing is that now TwinView no longer works (new windows open in between screens). If I launch the nvidia-settings tool, it gives a warning telling me that I'm not running an NVIDIA driver unless I specifically give the display ID.

GDM opens in twinview, the dialogues are nicely on my first monitor. But somehow this information gets lost when it launches xfce. Startxfce4 uses xinit, in stead of X.

I hope this makes some sense, if so please help

Jouke