Re: [gdm-list] Recent crash problem on Solaris

Jon:

Thanks, your recent updates to GDM SVN head fixed the crashing problem.

Brian

After updating to the latest GDM SVN head, I noticed that GDM started
crashing on Solaris.  It would start up the Xserver okay, but it would
just hang there and never start the greeter.

According to truss, it seems that one of the processes (I think the
simple-slave) was crashing with a SEGV immediately after receiving the
USR1 signal from the Xserver.

It took me quite a while to figure out what change caused this problem,
Backing out the change to common/gdm-signal-handler.c so that setup
handler->priv->lookup is created with g_hash_table_new_full instead of
g_hash_table_new fixes the crashing problem with the simple-server.
Refer to the patch that fixes the crash problem.

I also found that leaving the g_hash_table_new_full call in place,
but commenting out the code in the signal_list_free function also avoids
the crash.

I'm not sure what the right fix is here.  I'm happy to do some
additional debugging if you have any suggestions of what to look
for.

Brian