Re: [gdm-list] Branch update

On Thu, Oct 04, 2007 at 08:06:52PM -0400, William Jon McCann wrote:
> On 10/4/07, Brian Cameron <Brian Cameron sun com> wrote:
> > Does it need to happen now, creating a separate project?  Or can we
> > get GDM working again with these new interfaces, and then address
> > copyright issues and moving to freedesktop over time?
>
> Well it has to go somewhere - now.  And I think there are some pretty
> compelling reasons to avoid clobbering the current gdm2 trunk... so, I
> don't know.

well, *i* would work on the branch until the remaining reasons are not
that compelling any more and then just drop it on trunk.
the shared project should be a second - for now optional - step.

fwiw, the more i think about the shared project, the more logistical
problems come to mind (with kdm development essentially leaving the kde
infrastructure). things would be that much simpler if kde was using a
dvcs right now (and not some years in the future) ...