Re: [gdm-list] GDM Question

On Nov 30, 2007 12:19 PM, Brian Cameron <Brian Cameron sun com> wrote:

> That sounds odd.  I don't see this problem.  Try running this
> command:
>
> gdmflexiserver --command="GET_CUSTOM_CONFIG_FILE".

I got /etc/gdm/custom.conf

> Does it respond with a file gdm.conf or custom.conf.  gdmsetup
> should modify this file with the new value, which should get
> honored by GDM.  Does the file specified have the choice you
> select?  Or is gdmsetup failing to actually save the updated
> setting to the file?
>
> > I then hit the F10 key and it allowed me to choose the xdmcp option
> > but it came back to the
> > local machine.
>
> This sounds like the bug that is fixed in 2.20.2.
>
> > I then logged in again and ran gdmsetup, as the root user, and the
> > fedora infinity them was
> > again selected.
> >
> > While running gdmsetup from the cl I received lots of these in the background:
> >
> > gdmsetup[27347]: GLib-CRITICAL: g_key_file_set_string: assertion
> > `key_file != NULL' failed
> > gdmsetup[27347]: GLib-CRITICAL: g_key_file_to_data: assertion
> > `key_file != NULL' failed
> > gdmsetup[27347]: GLib-CRITICAL: g_file_set_contents: assertion
> > `contents != NULL || length == 0' failed
> > gdmsetup[27347]: GLib-CRITICAL: g_key_file_free: assertion `key_file
> > != NULL' failed
> >
> > I have no clue what is wrong.
>
> You might try deleting the custom configuration file that is
> reported when you run gdmflexiserver --command="GET_CUSTOM_CONFIG_FILE",
> create an empty file with this name, and rerun gdmsetup and recreate
> your configuration customizations.  This should fix the problem if
> there is any corruption in your configuration file that might be
> causing this sort of issue.
I deleted the custom.conf file and it would not recreate it, I touched
a file name custom.conf and it then
wrote the configuration.

My them selection now changes, but I am still not connecting to other
machines.  I am going to
enable the test branch and update to .2 and see what happens.

--
John
Registered Linux User 263680, get counted at