Re: [gdm-list] GDM Question

John:

To enable XDMCP, you need to run gdmsetup and make sure that in the
"Remote" tab that Style is set to "Themed" or "Same as Local".  Also
on the "Local" tab you need to check "Include Hostname Chooser (XDMCP)
menu item" under the "Menu Bar" section.

Some GDM themes may not have an XDMCP button in the theme.  You may need
to hit F10 to see the option. If this is a problem, try a different theme. The default ones that ship with GDM should work (such as circles
or happygnome or happygnome-list).

Some users have reported that the setting of "Deny TCP connections to
Xserver" affects XDMCP.  So if you have problems, you might try this.

Also note that GDM 2.20.0 and 2.20.1 had problems with XDMCP not
actually working properly.  I'd say that 2.20.2 and later should
work better.

Brian

I have installed Fedora 8 on two of my machines and I have a question
concerning gdm and xdmcp.

It seems that no matter what I change in the gdmsetup screens or in
the config file there is never an
option to run the xdmcp chooser.  I am behind a firewall on my local
network and have turned off the
built in firewalls, but still nothing.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated

TIA