[gdm-list] GDM session shutdown - how to execute an script before apps are killed.

Hi,

I need to automate the execution a command (killall -SIGHUP java) when my
GDM session closes (session logout), but *before* GDM kills all my active
session applications upon logout.

I've been playing with /etc/init.d/gdm and added my command line in the
"stop" code section, and this does get executed, but after my gdm session is
closed, so it didn't help.

I also played with the "PostSession" scripts, but then again, these are
executed after all active user apps have been killed.

Can someone shed some light on where / how can I get this (seemingle simple
but so far elusive!) thing to work?

Thanks!!

This is my follow up to various Ubuntu threads that went nowhere, including
the latest:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=2611965#poststop